Kwara State Police Command has advised motorists in the state to register their vehicles at the State’s digitalized Central Motor Registry.
This is contained in a statement signed by the State’s Commissioner of Police, CP Victor Olaiya psc+ and made available to newsmen in Ilorin on Monday.
“The Kwara State Police Command wishes to bring to the attention of the general public that the Nigeria Police Force (NPF) has revitalized and digitalized the Central Motor Registry (CMR) office to tackle vehicle-related offences, including Car Theft, Car snatching, Kidnapping, Carjacking, Hit-and-run incidents, e.t.c.”
He said that most of these offences are attributed to the use of unregistered vehicles and tinted glasses, amongst other factors that pose significant challenges across the country.
“Vehicles to be covered by the new policy include Sports Utility Vehicles (SUVs), Saloon Cars, Trucks, Buses of all kinds, Tricycles, Motorcycles, etc.
Other accessible services in the new digitalized office include the following
REQUEST FOR MOTOR VEHICLE INFORMATION• REQUEST FOR CHANGE OF VEHICLE OWNERSHIP•
REQUEST FOR CHANGE OF VEHICLE LICENCE/NUMBER PLATES• REQUEST FOR CHANGE OF VEHICLE CHASSIS OR BODY• REQUEST FOR CHANGE OF VEHICLE COLOR• REQUEST FOR INTERNATIONAL DRIVER’S PERMIT• REQUEST FOR INTERNATIONAL CERTIFICATE FOR MOTOR VEHICLE• REQUEST FOR TINTED GLASS PERMIT• REQUEST FOR SPY NUMBER PLATES PERMIT• REPORT OF STOLEN OR RERECOVERED VEHICLE FROM 2018 TO DATE.
The benefits of the digitalization of Vehicle information through the Central Motor Registry for the general public are listed below:
1. Enhanced Security: With a digitalized CMR in place, citizens can have greater confidence in the security of their vehicles. Accurate and real-time vehicle information will assist in the prevention and swift resolution of vehicular crimes, ensuring that citizens’ assets are safeguarded.
2. Efficient Law Enforcement: The police will be better equipped to enforce laws related to motor vehicles, such as registration and licensing. This will lead to safer roads and improved traffic management, benefiting all road users.
3. Crime Deterrence: The comprehensive database of motor vehicles will serve as a deterrent to potential criminals who plan to use vehicles for illegal activities. The knowledge that law enforcement has access to accurate information can discourage criminal behaviour.
4. Expedited Investigations: In cases of accidents or disputes involving motor vehicles, the digitalized CMR will expedite investigations, providing quick resolution and reducing inconveniences for citizens.
5. National Security*: The ability of the Force to maintain accurate vehicular information contributes to national security. It ensures that vehicles associated with criminal activities can be tracked and addressed promptly.
The Commissioner of Police, CP Victor Olaiya, psc+, enjoined vehicle owners in Kwara State to embrace this opportunity of enrolling their vehicles (including motorcycles and tricycles) in the digitalized CMR and be part of the collective effort to enhance the security and safety of our society.
The good people of Kwara State may visit the understated websites: https://cmris.npf.gov.ng for registration of vehicles and hppts://report.cmr.npf.gov.ng for reporting of stolen but yet-to-be-recovered vehicles from January 1st, 2018 to date.
For complaints or assistance with the CMR registration in the state, please contact the command’s CMR departments at this phone number: 07067768904 or the police command’s emergency numbers: 08125275046/ 07032065901.
CP Victor Olaiya psc+
COMMISSIONER OF POLICE,
For More News or To Give Us Reports Join Our WhatsApp Group With This Link: https://chat.whatsapp.com/CdPVxGOPHCI5Kd4ALZduZ7 ….