Tragedy

Fire Service Recovers Body of Man Who Jumped Into Well

 

Residents of Centre Igboro in Ilorin were thrown into mourning on Sunday after operatives of the Kwara State Fire Service recovered the body of a 31-year-old man who jumped into a domestic well in the early hours of the day.

The incident occurred around 4:33 am at Bolarinwa Compound, where the man, identified as Abdullateef, reportedly took his life after earlier attempts the previous day.

Neighbours said he had been expressing troubling thoughts and making efforts to harm himself before finally carrying out the act while others in the compound were asleep.

Firefighters who arrived at the scene conducted a coordinated recovery operation and brought out his remains, which were later released to the head of the family, Alhaji Bolarinwa.

Director of the Kwara State Fire Service, Prince Falade John, described the incident as heartbreaking and called on families and communities to pay closer attention to people showing signs of emotional distress.

“It is a very painful loss. We appeal to the public to always be watchful and offer support to anyone exhibiting suicidal tendencies,” he said. “Early intervention can save lives and prevent tragedies like this.”

He extended condolences to the bereaved family and reaffirmed the agency’s commitment to protecting lives and ensuring safety across communities in the state.

The statement was issued by PFO Hassan Hakeem Adekunle, Head of Media and Publicity, Kwara State Fire Service.

 

 

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.