The Vice-Chancellor, Al-Hikmah University, Ilorin, Prof. Noah Yusuf, celebrated his second year in office on Wednesday, 13th July, 2022.
As part of the solemn events marking the anniversary, the Vice-Chancellor’s office issued an official statement to the University community, commending all the stakeholders for their commitment, steadfastness and prayers, which led to the landmark feats recorded during the period.
The Vice Chancellor urged all the stakeholders to re-dedicate themselves to further realization of the University’s vision of transforming the University as a foremost private University in Nigeria with global recognition.
Among the modest achievements of Prof. Yusuf-led administration are:
1. Construction of Farm Houses at the Faculty of Agriculture, Igbaja campus
2. Successful deployment of ICT facilities for academic and administrative activities.
3. Successful take-off of the Centre for Peace and Security Studies and holding of the Maiden Publlic Lecture on September 9, 2021.
4. In collaboration with the Stakeholders Forum, the completion of 700-capacity CBT Centre currently stocked with 275 thin clients for JAMB and other relevant examinations. The Centre secured JAMB approval to conduct 2022 UTME and this was very successful.
5. Gradual Movement of two Faculties (Education and Management Sciences) to Atere Main Campus as from 2022 Academic session. Currently, the University management has put in place adequate logistics meant to facilitate the movement including transportation, fencing, accommodation, water supply, among others.
6. Completion of two hostel projects at Atete and Igbaja campuses each supported by H.E. Rt. Hon. Aminu Bello Masari, Executive Governor of Katsina state and Islamic Solidarity Fund of Saudi Arabia.
7. Staff welfare support through accelerated staff development grant for both academic a d nin-teaching staff.
8. Student welfare and Support Services including the construction of a standard gym, and 5-aside football field; provision of hostel recreation facilities, food and snacks bay, etc
9. Recognition and securing of an Office for the University Alumni Association.
10. Focus on Entrepreneurship education through the newly branded Abdulraheem Oladimeji Centre for Entrepreneurial and Vocational Studies.
11. Effective collaboration with several national and international institutions – NISS, Nigeria Army, IPCR, CIS,
12. Ongoing construction of Moot Court at the Faculty of Law.
13. Review of Al-Hilmah University Law 2003 (as Amended) and approved by the National Universities Commission (NUC)
14. Improved and sustained student enrolment since assumption of office. For the first time in recent years, the University recorded a higher number of admitted regular students (1,287 in 2021 and 1,450 in 2020). Similarly, the Centre for Part-time and Professional Studies recorded 1,079 new students in various Part-time and Professional programmes.
15. Establishment and successful take-off of Al-Hikmah University International School to serve as feeder to the University.
16. Constitution of Senate Research Grant Committee with budgetary provision for individual and collaborative researches.
17. Successful delivery of the University’s Maiden Inaugural Lecture which took place on 7th January, 2022 while the second lecture was held on Wednesday, 30th March, 2022.
18. Successful accreditation of 23 academic programmes in March 2021 in which 22 of the programmes secured FULL ACCREDITATION STATUS and another batch of 11 academic programmes was accredited in January, 2022 with all the programmes securing FULL ACCREDITATION STATUS.
19. Robust support for the Faculty of Agriculture in Igbaja campus on Crop production, animal husbandry and poultry.
20.Fencing of Atere and Igbaja campuses as a positive step towards the School Safe programme
21. Unveiling of 5-year Strategic Plan which has been approved by the University Council.
Yusuf listed major challenges affecting the university to include inadequate funding,
absence of Lecture Theatres for large classes and overcongestion of Adeta campus.
For More News Join Our WhatsApp Group With This Link Below:
WhatsApp group: https://chat.whatsapp.com/CdPVxGOPHCI5Kd4ALZduZ7